Monday, November 29, 2010

How I was wrong...

It's taken a while to work up the courage for this post. I spent a lot of time in the run up to the 2010 General Election trying to convince others to vote for the Lib Dems as a vote for change. And look what happened.

There's an argument that's been whirling around my head that if more people had voted Lib Dem, the current situation would be different. But the swing required would've had to have been enormous. No, there's nothing for it but to apologise for being wrong. For believing that the Liberals were different. All it took was the warm leather whiff of those Ministerial Jaguars, and they were as sordid as the rest.

That's not to say the party is evil, or corrupt, or that its heart is at all in the wrong place. But its leadership has been lead down a very dark path for the sake of "growing up as a party". If growing up means abandoning your principles and breaking your promises, then I - for one - prefer opposition.

Which is why I joined the Labour Party. N'uff said, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment